Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Just an observation

I sat down to watch the Transformers movie with my daughters this past Thanksgiving. While I watched I saw the scene where the miniture Decepticon found satisfaction in humping the leg and of the beautiful young lady star of the show. While humping he made sexual small talk. I guess the producers thought that this was funny. I thought about all the kids who watched the movie. I thougth about how just two weeks ago I had to intercede for a young girl on the corner of my street. As they waited for the bus to arrive, one boy had her from the front and another rolled up on her from the back. I told her that she was too valueble to allow someone to degrade her in that manner. I remembered the students that were suspended for sexual harrasment, and the ones who get in trouble for humping things and experimenting in the bathrooms. I wonder if the man who killed those eleven women would have related to that part of the movie,after all perversion does not just all of a sudden happen. I want to know who are the decepticons, the robots or the producers?

1 comment:

  1. I'm really glad that you were there to prevent that from going any further. It's disgusting the way sex is portrayed. Now granted, I really don't know much on that topic so I'll only stay on my soup box for a short time. But I honestly can't help but wonder why people questioning why all these marriages are failing when society is throwing out misconceptions about love and sex left and right. I hope I run into you again sometime!

    ReplyDelete