Thursday, October 8, 2009

Why I choose this topic

I choose the topic The ineffectiveness of Americas education because.  I have been in the formal school setting for the past 12 years.  I see first hand the way things are handled.  I know the difference between the education I received several years ago.   and the education young people receive today.

 When I was growing up, One teacher was well able to handle a room of 30 children.  Now you have at least 2-3 teachers in the classroom with less children and the results of success are lower than they were 20 years ago.  

Although the parents of yesterday  were complaining about not enough resources, inequality, and the fact that the better educations were in the suburban schools.  We still had a system that cared more about the education of their students, then they did about how much money  would be receive from each child,  labeled special education.

I think that we should be ashamed of ourselves when our teachers are required to spend thousands of dollars for an education,  to have it all hinge on one test for a license.  We should be ashamed of ourselves when all our staff is mandated to become highly qualified on paper, but is highly unqualified to control the class. Some cant even get a lesson tahght because of the lack of control.
 We have become as the old adage in the pat-a-cake poem "O mary mack". Its like this She went to college she even went to school but when she got out she was an educated fool. I tell you We should be ashamed.

No comments:

Post a Comment